Thursday 4 March 2021

We Have Featured The Work Of This Artist,

a couple of times before,


firstly in September 2015,

and again in March 2017

the artist is Calvin Nicholls’s, whose feathered and furry creatures are meticulously crafted from small pieces of white and sometimes delicately tinted paper,

the Canadian artist comments,

 "The largest sculptures I’ve done require several hundreds of hours while the more modest pieces keep me busy for two or more weeks. Familiarity with the subject is a big factor as well. My love of birds often propels me through pieces much faster than when sculpting subjects with (an) emphasis on musculature and structure",

I am amazed at the detail,

they all look so life like, almost as if an animator could add colour they would spring into life,

you can follow Nicholls’s on Behance and Instagram

and see the originals and prints he has available in his shop, what an amazing talent he really has.


No comments: