Tuesday 25 May 2021

Diana Was Already At Work,

as I made my way past the car under repair on the grass verge,


still on axle stands, so waiting for spare parts I guess,

I made my way to the park entrance, 

on the way meting our ever cheerful postman, one of the many unsung heroes of the lockdown, delivering the mail everyday through sun, rain, hail, and covid,

it was at this point looking at the approaching black clouds that I realised I should have brought a waterproof coat,

then evidence that vandals run riot in Beckenham, the huge window at the front of Pierluigi's in the High Street smashed, story and photographs News Shopper

the two smaller windows also repeatedly smashed, as well as the front door, disgraceful, I just hope the CCTV cameras were working nearby to track who ever committed this foul deed, as it happens we ate here in April as my birthday treat, and nice it was too,

I just about made it to Boots the chemist for my bi-monthly prescription before the heavens opened, I waited out the passing rain storm, leaving the shop the roads running with water,

next stop Kingfisheries in Croydon Road, I needed to pick up some RO water,

great excitement inside, the new invertebrate aquarium at long last had arrive, both Lee and Graham were starting to install the lights on it,

and smart it looked too,

in the cabinet there will be a TMC reef sump,

along with a protein skimmer,

and other bits and pieces needed for the health and wellbeing of its future inhabitants,,

I arrived home just before the next downpour, the clouds in the distance looking a lot darker than they do in the photograph, after my evening meal Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a Lewis followed by a Midsomer Murder, rounding off the evening a New Tricks before we were of to bed.


No comments: