Saturday 29 May 2021

Great News,

it was Diana's day off,


so it was glad rags on,

and we were off,

Diana ready for our day out,

the same for myself,

it looked a tad cloudy,

but thankfully the rain held off, one of the chestnut trees,

still in flower,

the rhododendron in the lodge garden,

just starting to flower now,

and nice it looked too,

we were going up to town,

for our lunch,

we had booked a table last month before the restaurants were open in the hope of being able to sit inside,

we were soon in London,

in Chinatown to be exact,

being a bank holiday Friday I expected crowds of people,

but it was really not that crowded,

naturally we had to stop for a few photographs,

one more for the album,

I had to have one as well,

and this is where we had booked, the Leicester Square branch of Burger and Lobster,

wild Atlantic lobsters, I bet they were furious when they caught them!

reservations confirmed,

and we were soon sat at our table,

I had a quick look at what was on the menu,

this one looked nice,

oh! the agony of choice!

we were seated upstirs,

but I took this photograph of the well stocked bar before we went upstairs,

Diana ordered a cocktail,

as it was midday a non alcoholic one,

no restraints for myself!

'Cheers!',

our food arrived,

a lobster each with salad and fries,

what a feast!

we had each cooked a different way,

Diana chose to have her lobster grilled,

I had mine steamed,

I told Diana not to play with her food!

the meal as you might expect was delicious, 

as were the desserts, the meal came to £114.70, and many thanks to Diana for treating me,

a quick selfie,

and we were on our way to Joillbee in Leicester Square, we had heard of its opening,

I had a look at the square as I was waiting,

whilst Diana joined the queue for a takeaway,

the queue stayed constant,

about 10 people or so in it, 

but the service was pretty quick,

success!

I should explain that in the Philippines Joillibee is the most popular of all of the fast food chains,

no prizes for guessing what Diana will be eating this evening!

back to Victoria and home,

after a coffee and some television I was soon out again, 

on my way to the club,

past the verge that the couple in Foxgrove Lodge look after,

the pansy's in it looking nice,

when I arrived at the club a cricket match was in full swing,

with lots of spectators,

'Howzat!' the game was over in an hour or so,

so back to the bar for tea and biscuits,

it was very pleasant to hear the thwack of leather on willow,

I made my way home,

just as it was getting dark, we watched a New Tricks and then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: