Saturday 22 May 2021

I Walked With Diana,

to the bus stop on her way to work,


and then continued into town,

to do the weeks shopping,

arriving home whilst shopping I had treated myself to some smoked haddock for breakfast, warmed in milk it was delicious,

 I also bought some flowers.

amongst them some stocks, (Matthiola incana), in no time at all he room was filled with their fragrance,

I watched a few documentaries in the afternoon before my evening read and meal, 'Cheers!',

for tonight smoked mackerel with dry toast,

followed with liver, bacon, onions and mash potatoes,

eyes down and tuck in,

for dessert grapes, from India, Chile and Brazil,

in no time at all I was out to the club to meet with Steve,

on the way a broken down car,

was waiting for spares, or a tea leaf has had front the wheels away!

I was soon at the club,

no sitting outside tonight! we were now allowed to sit inside,

no one in the nets tonight,

for the past few days it has been windy, so much so that one of the sight screens had been blown over, putting it back up is going to be a job for the groundsmen tomorrow, we chatted the night away, Steve  kindly dropped me off home, in an hour or so Diana called, so out to walk her home, where it was feet up for a coffee and a chat before we were of to bed.


No comments: