Saturday 15 May 2021

On My Way To Bromley,

I passed another show of wisteria in the park, 


but this was white,

not the blue variety that is on Foxgrove Lodge,

the horse chestnut trees now in flower,

it looks like this year there will be a bumper crop,

the wisteria,

on the lodge looking so nice,

walking past the green hardly anyone here, I guess the people that packed the green over the past few months are all now at work,

I made my way past the church to the bus stop,

and into Bromley, some of the stalls now open for business,

into Judge and Priestly, the solicitors to sign some papers then back to Beckenham,

and into Sainsburys for the weekends shopping,

'Cheers!',

for tonight chicken pate and toast,

eyes down and tuck in,

another 'Cheers!',

as I tucked into a beef shin casserole in a red wine sauce,

meal over out into the park,

for the walk to the club,

where in the far distance youngsters were practicing in the nets,

I was joined by Steve for a few beers and a chat, Steve then called in for a coffee, after he left it was feet up until Diana called just before 11.00,

I made my way past one of the restaurants to the 162 bus stop and meet Diana, arriving home we watched a Silent Witness before we were off to bed.


No comments: