Wednesday 12 May 2021

Today Was The Day,

the television was being upgraded,


free of charge I hasten to add, evidently one LG television in the Far East had a problem when its power supply caught fire, so LG has decided to change every power supply in the world on their OLED 77" and a few others in the range, the company chosen to complete the work was DX AVS Horley Ltd. and here they are, having telephone first to give me  a time slot, work started,

I had in my minds eye a power supply like you received when you buy a camera or external hard drive, between the plug and the unit a small box that transforms the power from AC to DC,

so I was amazed when I found out that by far the biggest board behind the television was the power supply, it was huge! the swap was completed in no time at all, the television rehung on the wall and fully tested that all of the ancillary's worked, BT box, disc player etc. well done to DX AVS and of course LG for this power supply recall that must have cost them a fortune, also by the way if you have a big screen, or any television for that matter DX AVS are approved LG repairers,

during the rest of the day I made a few telephone calls and watched some television, after my evening meal I decided on Transcendence, I had watched the film before and this is what I wrote, 'a sci-fi set in the not too distant future where artificial intelligence is taken to a new level of self awareness and actual physical form, very enjoyable', in watching the film again I had forgotten how good the special effects really were,

just before 01.00AM on Wednesday morning Diana called, so off to the bus stop and back, as it was late or I should say early morning, for us we were off to bed.


No comments: