Sunday 16 April 2017

What Is A Fractal?

not a question I ask myself very often,


put simply it is a never ending pattern, in simple terms like the one above, a fractal is a never-ending pattern, fractals are infinitely complex patterns that are self-similar across different scales, they are created by repeating a simple process over and over in an ongoing feedback loop, driven by recursion, fractals are images of dynamic systems – the pictures of Chaos, geometrically, they exist in between our familiar dimensions, fractal patterns are extremely familiar, since nature is full of fractals,

well that was the easy bit, you may not believe this but since I found the Mandelbrot Set a couple of years ago, I have occasionally been playing with fractals, trying to make my own video of one that I created, with little or no success, but above is a video of what I was trying to achieve, definitely a two coffee mug watch, 

and if you want to really complicate things there are 3D fractals, viewing either of them is not recommended if you have a hangover!


No comments: