Saturday 29 April 2017

When I Saw This Model Of A Star,

I was so reminded of Mr. Martin,


 the mathematics master whose class I attended at school, he love making shapes with most fantastic sounding names like this stellated dodecahedron, well I have found a site that sells the exact geometric shapes that we used to make, this one made from vintage maps is called Earth Star and so no one is going to be exactly the same, the kits are laser cut all you have to do is assemble them, 

this stellated dodecahedron inside a dodecahedron or Star Orb Dodecahedron was particularly difficult to make, also instead of this beautiful cut out matboard we were using plain white card that we then painted, 

 and for anyone that took the apparently easy route, the Rhombicuboctahedron was fiendishly difficult,

as well as geometric shapes the site also has engineering models for sale like this Seattle Washington Pergola, as well as other bridges and whimsy's, the site is the brainchild of Thomas Houha, and has his shop here, and no I am not on commission, just seeing the geometric shapes brought back memories of 1966, my last year at school.


No comments: