Thursday 28 October 2021

Diana Was Already At Work,

and I was on a mission,


we enjoyed the chestnuts so much I decided to buy some more, the day was so nice and sunny, 

as I made my way past the fallen leaves in Beckenham Green,

to the bus stop opposite the church,

I caught the 227 to Penge, I had decided not to go all the way to Blackheath, there was a shop near The Moon & Stars in Penge that always had a huge display of fruit outside, but alas, just a handful of not very nice looking chestnuts,

back onto the 227 and through Beckenham onwards to Bromley,

to the International Food Centre, similar to the one in Penge, success! as I was in Bromley I thought I would buy some flowers for the weekend,

past the Art Deco cinema,

and the balloon lady,

and guess what was in the street? a stall selling chestnuts, boxes of them! and it has to be said, a lot nicer than the ones I had just bought, well that is just my luck!

into Lidl for a bunch of flowers and I was on my way home,

all of that bussing and walking was thirsty work, so a slight detour into the club,

a couple later and I was on my way home, there was some work going on at the club, the football/cricket pitch had been dug up, and evidently soil replaced, and was soon to be reseeded,

also a new roof was being placed on one part of the old pavilion,

all set for next year,

the roof on the main part of the pavilion still not needing to be replaced,

looking back to the club, normally when I take a photograph of it on a Friday night it is pitch black,

the flowers, a bit lighter than they are in the sun,

that's better,

later a sherry and a read,

no starter tonight, straight in with a chicken tikka masala and chicken jalfrezi with pilau rice,

eyes down and tuck in,

mango chunks for dessert, later Diana called so down to the bus stop and home, where it was feet up for a Endeavour followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: