Sunday 24 October 2021

One Thing I Forgot To Mention,

when I posted yesterdays blog,


having arrived early and the fact that the pharmacy was running late, I went across the road for a pint, which I did mention, what I forgot to mention was the surprise I received when I came to pay for it, bearing in mind the the pub I went to is just a normal, nothing special pub, The Chancery, there is no restaurant, if you order food you just eat off of a normal pub table, I had thought a pint would be around £4.00 or so, at today's rate $5.50, I was not expecting a pint in a local pub to be £5.50, at today's rate $7.60, now do not get me wrong on this one, I am not saying the pub is out of order charging £5.50 a pint, but I guess that is now the cost of drinking in local pubs, which I seldom do, when Steve and myself drink at the club on a Friday night, exactly the same pint is £3.75, less 10% as a club member, it just goes to show how out of touch I have been over the past few years regarding pub prices, 

we received a few more photographs, 

of the house in the Philippines,

the front gate and fence are going to be changed,

the balcony for Mums bedroom,

I walked with Diana into town, Diana was going to work,

I was just picking up a few things in Marks and Spencer's, back past the church,

and past Foxgrove Lodge, 

a few flowers still putting on a good show,

especially in this part of the garden,

the chrysanthemums particularly nice,

in the evening a read and a sherry, 'Cheers!',

for my starter another one of those huge hand made sausage rolls,

followed by sausages, chicken and potatoes in a Yorkshire pudding,

eyes down and tuck in!

for dessert a raspberry delight, I then watched the last episode of Squid Games, which although a bit gory was almost compelling viewing to find out what happens at the end of the games, shortly after which Diana called, arriving home it was feet up for Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: