Wednesday 27 September 2023

As I Am Off To Visit Duncan This Morning,

I will only be making one post today, 


back to Tuesday, I had a few things to do, Diana was at work as I made my way out of the park and to the bus stop, my first port of call, 

Sainsbury's in Penge, we needed to exchange our CO2 cylinder for our soda machine, also as they are heavy to pick up, some baked beans, as it happens we were lucky, packs of 6 on special offer, 

onto a 194 bus to Kingfisheries, where I had some printing to drop off, and also pick up a letter from the Valuation Office Agency, a government body set up to shuffle papers and collect information they already have, but hey it keeps a whole department in work! on the sad side of things the male Krib killed his female and then went on the rampage with the guppies, I had kept him separate for a few days suspended in a net, but now back to the shop with him, I could almost hear the remaining guppies heave a sigh of relief!

in the evening my usual fare, a Simpson's followed by some live snooker, then a treat, a discussion about the 25 best sci-fi films, I could not find details of the programme, but I had watched them all at least once, except Solaris and E.T. neither of which I have watched, then an old favourite of mine Hugo, this is what I wrote the last time I watched it:

'on the cover of the Hugo Blu-ray it says, 'A Magical Masterpiece' and it is, the sets and camera work left us spellbound, the story follows the adventures of Hugo, an orphan who learns how to repair clocks and lives in the railway station, but he has a connection with a shopkeeper there who sells toys, Georges Méliès, it is difficult not to give the plot away, but it was a marvellous film, also before you dismiss this as a kids film this was Martin Scorsese's first PG rated film in 18 years, as another aside if you do buy/rent/borrow this film be sure to watch the 'extras' the true story behind Georges Méliès who is a central character in the film is fascinating, and with that in mind I was so happy to see this'

as it ended Diana arrived home, so feet up for a coffee and a chat before a Midsomer Murder and time for our bed.


No comments: