Friday 22 September 2023

Thursday,

not quite back to normal, still some pain from my stomach,


as it happens I tried to have a lie in, but the builders on the roof soon put paid to that, Graham had sent me a few photographs of goods to put on offer from the shop so I spent some time doing that, also I played with part 10 of the trip Neil and myself made to India, here it is,

in this part of our trip we pass a fisherman and his home, which when the river floods would be underwater, and have a look at some of the group that accompanied us as we pass a net, we arrived at a mountain steam, the run off of melt water so clear, opposite us some more fishermen in their home, the water here is so clear, a fisherman shows us his catch, amongst the fish, Garra nastu,

although known to science this is one of the many interesting fish that we caught, sorry it does not have an common English name, these are two of the only pictures and video of a live specimen you are likely to see on the Internet of one, this is a male caught in the foothills of the Himalayas, what appears to be it's mouth is in fact a breeding display of tubercles on the top of it's head, the mouth is underneath the fish,

the fishes mouth, as an aside if ever you wish to have your feet nibbled by one of the many foot spas that seem to be spring up all over the place, it is this fishes relative that will be doing the cleaning for you, we followed the male with a look at the female of the species, and some other fish, all alas previously known, a final look at the river, I will start part 11 in the next few days, apart from that I had a lazy day, the roofers continuing to work on the roof, 

in the evening I watched  the Free State of Jones, a little slow at times and almost a documentary of one mans fight against the Confederacy, of which he was a member, that went on long past the end of the war, for the fascinating true story of Jones County, have a look here, after which Diana returned home, so a coffee and a chat, as it happens I had a early night, my stomach still not 100%, so I was off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley
We thought you would recover from your illness in short order. Sorry it is prolonged, get well fast!
Regards
John & Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, many thanks for your concern, I am almost over it now after a good breakfast, but I still keep getting the occasional twinge in the stomach, another day and I am sure all will be well, I had a good nights rest Friday night, this morning, Saturday, still the occasional twinge but far less frequently, I just hope I do not have this again! best regards, Stan and Diana.