Saturday 2 September 2023

I Had A Quiet Day,

so here is part 7 of our Indian trip, 


in it I am looking down from our hotel in the distance the start of the foothills to the mountains that boarder the far north east of India, during our travels we see a flower that almost every household in the UK will recognise, it is the flower of a plant many of us drink, but so few have seen the flower of the tea plant, when in Assam we travelled through miles of tea plantations,

we also stopped off at a catching station and had a look at a local snakehead the orange spotted I believe, (Channa aurantimaculata), some freshwater shrimps, a 'winking' loach, 

and a longfin barb, (Oreichthys crenichoides), all of which were unfortunaly not new species, hopefully part 8 will follow tomorrow, 

in the evening it was time for a read, Diana was having a rest from her early start, and she has another one tomorrow,

 my evening meal, a Malaysian curry, 

'Chees!', after which I was out,

into a grey evening to meet Steve, 

I changed buses at Beckenham, the first 227 arrived, it was packed so along with many others we all had a wait for the next one,
 
I meet up with Steve in the Moon & Stars, where we chatted the night away, after which it was a 227 bus home,

alighting from the bus a walk past the graveyard,

and the Pearl,

and into the park and home where it was feet up for a night cap before I was off to bed.


No comments: