Sunday 10 September 2023

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as at 07.00 AM Sunday morning we will be picking up Steve and Kai to go to Poddington,


back to Saturday, I dropped off Diana in her new dress from yesterday,

at New Beckenham,

hair out of eyes,

smile and she was gone, to the wedding of one of the managers where she works, 

the wedding between Olivia and Sean, 

here comes the bride,

down the steps,

for the photographs, meanwhile I popped over to visit Mick and Pauline, who I had not seen since before covid, we chatted away catching up with old friends and times, after saying our goodbyes I was off, 

and driving down this tree lined avenue, I had been invited to The Forge by my good friend Neil, which was established in 2017 and meets every year, so what is The Forge? from the literature: 'The Forge is a group of Christian men from local churches coming together with the vision of introducing men to Jesus'

when I arrived there was already this line of cars in the car park, when I left a couple of hours latter there were 4 lines like this!

there were many activities,

football,

over 2 pitches ongoing as I arrived,

a lot of visitors were staying for the weekend,

in the distance I recognised the chap with the hat,

but before meeting him,

I checked in with the organisers,

and had a quick look at the field where all would be happening later,

and here he is, you may recognise him, it is Neil who I travelled to India with,

as he was one of the main contributors he showed me around, the tables were the food would be served,

one of the many activities, fly fishing,

rods,

and of course flies,

with a few photographs of catches in the local lake,

and a large selection of flies, 

tying these is an artform in itself,

anyone for crazy golf?

or how about an assault course?

into the big top,

 a bar,

 and live music,

 am not sure what this game was,

the view across the field,

and here is something I recognised,

a Formula Ford,

1,600cc to race in a number of races held in the UK

and then I could not believe my eyes,

a model steam railway train,
a little about it above,

the train ran at the Beech Hurst Miniature Railway

this is the chassis,

showing here the fire box grill exposed,

where the magic happens, steam turned into movement,

as it happens this is a rolling chassis, and can be operated by these compressed air lines,

the attention to detail is amazing,

a view inside of the cabin,

there was also a model railway in operation,

with a couple of trains,

operating,

in the distance a full size original fire engine,

I started to make a panorama, but Neil walked in!

there it is, a panorama, 

and the fire engine,

chess anyone?

cars and bikes were also here,

many modern bikes,

as was the i8 BMW

but I have to say it,

I prefer this mini Cooper, 

over the Lotus,

the Lancia,

and even the Caterham 7 R300 Superlight, considered by many to be the best 7 Caterham ever produced, for the technical from a 2009 review:
Engine   In-line 4-cyl, 1999cc
Max power   175bhp @ 7000rpm
Max torque  139lb ft @ 6000rpm
0-60       4.5sec (claimed)
Top speed   140mph (claimed)

it was getting near barby time,

and bangers,

the salad toppings arriving,

and the 8 tables to serve the food,

and this is where the buns and salad,

are waiting to go, I said my farewells to Neil as I knew Diana would be home in the late afternoon,

the footballers building up an appetite,

I was on my way home, the main road in the distance,

I zoomed in and was soon at the entrance to the main road, as it happens I arrived home only about 15 minuets before Diana, so we had a lazy evening, no drinking for myself as we will be up early to pick up Steve and Kai so a night of Last Night of the Proms, what a show! one year I will buy tickets to attend, the atmosphere in the hall must be to live for, we rounded off the evening with a Midsomer Murder it was before we were off to bed.


No comments: