Thursday 28 September 2023

Again I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as Diana booked a holiday day off, for us to go hopefully steaming! 


so we will be out first thing as soon as I post this, back to Wednesday, it was a overcast start to the day, as I made my way to the number 54 bus stop,

but here at the junction of Foxgrove Road and the entrance to the park, a bit of a nasty, 

someone had hugely misjudged their speed or the corner, 

a Mercedes Benz had totally demolished the huge stone entrance pillars to one of the properties in the road, 

these are two pillars of a near by building, the same that were reduced to rubble, they stand over 9 feet tall and are solid brick, hopefully no one was injured, I know it was a Mercedes Benz from the debris left at the crash scene, 

onwards past Peter Pan's Pool,

I grabbed a photograph of the never ending refurbishment to their building, it is starting to feel like that at home, we are still surrounded by scaffolding,

Lewisham market open for business,

I was a tad early, the florists still not yet open,

I made my way past Diana's favourite shop, Oliver Bonas,

to the fruit and vegetable shop, 

no cob nuts today, but I did buy some chestnuts for us and some grapes for Duncan,

back to the station as I had some time and the ticket office was open I bought rail tickets to visit Duncan for the next month, 

down to the platform, great news, the 09.31 going to Gravesend, no changing at Dartford,

the upline trains had just left for London,

arriving in Gravesend cloudy skies,

just a 10 minute wait for the 483, and I was walking up the hill to the nursing home where Duncan stays,

arriving there Duncan was back to his usual self, we laughed and joked about Diana and myself going steaming, as a huge storm front was just, as we were speaking, hitting the British Isles according to the news programme that Duncan had been watching, just before lunch we said our goodbyes, but next week I will be here on Tuesday, there is a rail strike on, for details of what the unions are demanding and what they are at the present paid have a look here, the article was published 2 days ago,

I made a move for the bus, 

and soon arrived at the station,

the hanging baskets still looking nice, even though it is getting a bit chilly at night,

any moment now my train will be here,

arriving at Blackheath the florist was now open,

new for this week hydrangeas,

also plenty of cut flowers,

I was soon winging my way to the park, on top of this bus shelter,
 
one of the few bee gardens to have survived the summer,

off of the bus and into the park for my walk home, where it was feet up for tea and biscuits, 

after which Diana arrived home from work, so time for a read and a sherry, 'Cheers!',

Diana had cooked so much Chinese food,

apart from rice, king prawns and asparagus tips, beansprouts and carrots, and a chicken dish,

pile it on,

and tuck in,

and for tonight the first of the season,

mince pies, yummy!, after which we watched a Lewis and a Midsomer Murder, and after that as we had an early start, we were off to bed.


No comments: