Saturday 9 September 2023

Some Good News About Our Flat,

one of the chimney stacks has been finished,


so today the scaffolders called by.

and started to take the scaffolding away,

the stack on the left now sans scaffolding, hopefully the others will follow suit soon,

we were out, 

to the 354 bus stop, we were going to Bromley,

arriving we made our way past the Partridge,

to the market square,

I just looked at a few shops, but Diana was on a mission, tomorrow she is going to a wedding, so a new dress just has to be purchased,

for myself I walked towards the bus stop for our journey home, looking at the rows of empty shops in the High Street, it seems so sad the so many shops are boarded up,

and left empty in the hope of someone wanting to buy or rent one,

I made my way to the Greyhound, I had taken the precaution of bringing a book to read, 

shopping finished Diana joined me,

I had already bought a larger, but included in the meal for a small surcharge was a white wine,

'Cheers!',

Diana ordered chicken strips,

for myself scamp and chips, plus 6 onion rings, including Diana's coke the bill came to £23.07, we made our way back home and spent the afternoon watching some television and of course Diana trying her dress on!

in the evening I was out, the nights already starting to draw in,

just a few tennis players this evening,

into the clubhouse, where I meet up with Steve, 

where Rob was his usual happy self, as it happens there was a game on, rugby which I have absolutely no interest in, also joining us was Frank,

who shared my lack of interest in the game, but for Steve and myself we chatted over the game, after saying our farewells we made a move for our homes, where it was feet up for a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: