Tuesday 11 April 2023

A It Is Diana's Day Off,

I will only be making one post,


as we will be out first thing, back to Monday, Diana was on early shift, so I had a quiet day, but I did receive a reply to DxO, I had sent a email in a vain attempt to see if the full free program of NIK Collection that I use to process my infrared photographs was still available, the email I sent:

'I had and used the free version of Nik Collection which included Viveza for many years, but last month it disappeared from my computer, could you please tell me where I can download the free version that I had?' I received a reply:

Riley (Support & Assistance)

Greetings

 The free version is no longer available, our apologies. 
regards,

Riley - DxO Labs Support Team 

so that was that, given free by Google, who sold it to DxO who now want £135.00 for the same programme, on another note I was on the telephone for some 30 minutes trying as I usually do once a month, to give the energy company our gas and electric readings, normally not a problem 1 or 2 minutes and all done, but for some reason was put on hold, eventually I received the message, 'the centre is closed on bank holidays' which begs the question why ask for my readings on a bank holiday morning? in the afternoon Diana returned home from work, so a coffee and a chat it was, after our evening meal we watched the usual quiz shows, a Outback Opal Hunters and rounded off the evening with a couple from A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.

 

2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stanley and Diana
We still have our satellite tv service even though we have tried repeatedly to cancel for 44 days. Finally sent a certified post letter to the company president demanding someone contacts us, cancel service and tell us where to send equipment. That was 11 days ago and no response. We cut off payment so now we just enjoy free service until someone wakes up, if they ever do. In the new world, 2+2 =7, no one has basic common sense so sure they ask you to phone in energy meter readings on a holiday. Like the phone hub and our tv service, all have FAILED.
Meanwhile Stan, don’t get sick as we read doctors in UK will take a 6 day strike to protest their pay. I guess you would have a hard time getting to the doctor’s office anyway given the erratic bus and train schedules. Not just in UK, but here also we see lack of focus, brain fog and mostly lazy people not wanting to work. If they do, they take their phone and watch Facebook during their shift, so little done. You must be very proud of Diana to come and secure a great job with ALDI. We know that job is real work and she is one of the few that are still responsible and has work ethic….rare now!
Glad you folks had a great Easter dinner party. Lastly, have you seen your friend the fox lately? Alley and I kind of miss him!
Happy Spring
John and Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, See a doctor? you have got to be kidding!, since the start of covid there has been no face to face doctors appointments, it all happens over the telephone, what happens is you send in a email with blood pressure results that you have taken, the nurse calls back giving you a list of times for you to be in for the doctor to call you and that is it! the doctors on strike want as far as I can tell, a 35% pay increase, their leader is on full pay on holiday abroad, the doctors who are striking will not be paid, I think that sums up the situation. On the good news front the next day the energy company was open, so readings submitted, also on the good news front Diana received her annual pay increase in January and she has just been told she will receive the same again in July! great news and well done ALDI! sad news about the fox, the crows still tap the window for nuts, but we have not seen the fox since I last posted a photograph of him. hopefully you will enjoy the satellite for some free time to come! best regards, Stan and Diana.