Friday 21 April 2023

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as it is Diana day off, and we are out early to go to London,


back to Thursday, a job I had been meaning to do for some time, re-arrange the refrigerator magnets, it is a sad fact of life that many of the professional ones that we bought, that is made to represent a place or country that we had visited, had over the few years having been on the refrigerator had faded, as opposed to the ones we made at home which had not faded at all, 

so ours moved to the top of the door,

and nice they looked too, even if I say so myself,

by the side of and underneath those, I will place the ones that had not
 faded,

and these faded ones will be relegated to the bottom of the bottom door,

job done, top, 

and bottom door,

and at the bottom of the bottom door,

the magnets of shame, I was surprised that so many were of such poor quality, considering our home made ones had stood the test of time, I know many will think it is a bit naff to collect refrigerator magnets, but for us it is a nice reminder of the many places we have visited together, in a few days I will go upstairs and grab the hot glue gun and repair a few that had fallen over the years and broken, 

after which in the afternoon I watched Noah, we had watched it before in December 2018, here are my comments from then: "an almost epic film, but it just seemed to lack something, watchable, it was all there, stone monsters, fight scenes, good and evil, great special effects, but it was not an epic as I think it was supposed to be", after which my evening meal followed by a Outback Opal Hunters and a Deadliest Catch, I watched a few YouTube videos about RC (radio controlled) aircraft, the advances that have been made are amazing, in my day turbo fans were just becoming popular, and the jet engines available were an staggering £3,000 each, a lot of money now, a fortune back then! with just one or two offered on the market, now they start at half of that, and there are so many manufactures to choose from, here is one, in case you are thinking, "jet engine like on a 747? he has got to be kidding!" but I kid you not, they are miniature jets, some producing sufficient power to fly quite large model aircraft and as a bonus they sound like the real thing! here is a tiny one being test bench powered up, 

and this is how they fly,

great fun, and yes I wish I had one! (and the skill that goes with flying them), after Diana arrived home and a coffee and a chat it was feet up for A Touch of Frost, before we were off to bed.


No comments: