Thursday 20 April 2023

Blog Posted,

I was on my way,


to visit Duncan,

it looked a grey day, but it at least it was warm, I had my summer jacket on,

as I walked past the blossoms on the way out of the park,

this the trouble I face every week, the bus a number 54 I take to Blackheath Village, but this so often happens,

they should be 20 minutes or so apart, but here I am on a 54, the one in front just a few seconds ahead of me, coming the other way the 54's even closer, which means a huge wait for the next one in both directions,

anyway at least this one is on time, past Peter Pan's Pool,

in a few months the side of this building will be covered in green,

work on the never completed building still ongoing,

Lewisham market open and trading,

the bus sailed through the road work traffic lights,

at Blackheath Village the florists just opening,

amongst the potted plants,

a bromeliad,

on the other side of the door some more potted plants,

I was in plenty of time for the 09.31 to Gravesend, meaning I only need one train, no changing at Dartford today,

commuters waiting for the train to London,

at Gravesend it was bitterly cold, I should have kept to my winter clothes! in 15 minutes or so the bus arrived for the trip to the nursing home,

up the hill to the home,

on the way this dwarf cherry tree putting on a good show, the trunk quite thick, I am guessing it must be quite old,

into the nursing home, Duncan as usual was in good sprits, we chatted away, remembering one of our trips to the Philippines where he meet his wife Melina for the first time, his marriage and the honeymoon to Puerto Galera, when we were there just 2 small hotels on the beach, a couple of restaurants and dive shops and that was it! I stayed for a couple of hours until Duncan's lunch arrived, we said our goodbyes,

and I was on the way to the bus stop to Gravesend, passing the apple tree it was starting to sprout,

the first red of the flowers starting to show,

I should mention it was now a beautiful spring day, blue skies and warm, I was now glad I did not have my winter gear on!

the dwarf cherry tree from the other side,

arriving at the station the Blackheath train at platform 0,

I was soon on the 54 bus on my way home, so far I have never seen a workman on the never finished building, 

by the Lewisham hospital stop,

a nice show of blossom,

on some of the bus shelters,

the bee gardens starting to grow, hopefully some flowers will appear soon,

at the Green Man complex in the distance,

another roof given over for the bees,

into the park and past Foxgrove Lodge,

the cherry trees outside some of the homes,

putting on a good display,

it was nice and warm as I passed the snail mail box,

after a couple of quiz shows it was time for my read and sherry, it is strange that on the blog I mentioned that I was reading Labyrinths by Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo, and then yesterday this arrived on my telephone/computer, 10 of the Best Jorge Luis Borges Stories Everyone Should Read, as it happen tonight I finished Three Versions of Judas, which was heavy going I have to say,

after which it was time for my evening meal, smoked mackerel with dry toast, silver skin onions and baby beetroots,

'Cheers!'',

eyes down and tuck in,

for my main course, liver, bacon, onions and mash, delicious!, I then watched a Lewis until Diana arrived home from work, when it was time for a coffee and a nightcap as we watched another A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


No comments: