Friday 28 April 2023

Diana Had Already Left For Work,

when I had a call from Graham at the shop,


who asked if I could call in and look after the shop as he and Carl trimmed the vine at the rear of the shop, so out into a grey day,

as it happened there were slight breaks in the cloud, but it was still chilly, a walk past the snail mail box to the number 54 bus stop,

alighting at This 'N' That, 

I made my way to Kingfisheries opposite, Graham and Carl were busy all day, removing last years growth and leaves from the vine, after finishing work, back on the bus, just as the rain started,

starting the walk home past Foxgrove Lodge, whoever handles this sort of thing decided I should arrive home wet, and I did! as it happens Diana was already at home and preparing tonight's meal, some left over chilli-con-carne from yesterday, which was so delicious, next feet up, there was no Lewis or Midsomer Murders being shown tonight, so a double helping of A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


No comments: