Sunday 16 April 2023

Diana Was On Late Shift Today,

so we had breakfast together,


scrambled eggs, beans and sour bread for Diana,

fried eggs on baked beans on toast for myself, delicious!

I accompanied Diana to the bus stop, where we both caught a 354,

I alighted at Lidl whilst Diana continued on her way to work,

a quick look at the flowers this week,

the cut flowers looking nice,

the roses a riot of colour, bubbly, a box of wine and a few other bits and pieces and I was on my way,

to Sainsbury's, I wanted to buy some Garibaldi biscuits to take to Duncan on my next visit, Lidl does not sell them,

past the snail mail box and I was home, I was so hot with my Breton jumper and roll neck on I had a splash and a change of clothes, as I had some time on my hands I thought I would play with a photograph I took when we visited Waverley Abbey,

this is the one I choose, a JPEG straight out of the camera, 

after taking out a couple of chem trails left by aircraft, and slightly lighted what looks like a cave on the left, I was left with this,

so I added some sky and a few sunrays, and lightened the cave a tad more,

then darkened everything down a tad,

I played with a different sky, but thought it was a bit light on the right,

soon sorted,

I just wanted a touch more light on the scene, so this is it,

I went back to the sunlit photograph and made it into a black & white,

before giving it an antique look, great fun,

in the evening a read and a sherry, tonight I read two short stories by the Argentinian writer Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo, (1899-1986) from his book Labyrinths, the first The Secret Miracle, followed by Death and the Compass, I enjoyed both of them especially as so many times I had to scrabble for my telephone to look up words or people I had newer heard of before,

for my evening meal I started with onion bhajis,

eyes down and tuck in,

I followed that with lamb rogan josh and chicken jalfrezi with pilau rice all bought from Lidl, I have to say their Indian takeaway meals are really quite good,

'Cheers!', after which I watched a Midsomer Murder until Diana returned from work, and by shear happenstance a second Midsomer was about to start, so it was feet up for a coffee and a chat plus a nightcap before we were off to bed.

No comments: