Tuesday 4 April 2023

On My Walks To Town And Back,

also the club, I pass tennis courts,


where I see hundreds of tennis balls on the ground or in the bushes, I once asked if one team of players wanted me to throw one back, the reply, "no thanks it is an old one, we will not use it again", I have to say it looked pretty new to me, so what happens to all of these old tennis balls? well here is one use for them, which solves a problem most cyclist will run into sooner or later, a easy remedy to a punctured wheel! YouTuber user The Q has found a way of making functional tires out of tennis balls, there is a bit of work to do but The Q made small rings of PVC pipe and used them to mount the balls on the rim of the wheels, attaching the rings required the construction of a custom jig that drove balls inside the rings without rupturing them so just get past that problem and all you need to repair your tire is a tennis ball in your pocket! for the full story have a look here.


No comments: