Thursday 13 April 2023

What A Wonderful Day,

bright sunlight streaming through the trees,


I was on my way to visit Duncan,

hardly a cloud in the sky,

the bus was early, as I sailed past the entrance to the park,

and Peter Pan's pool,

the building in Lewisham still being worked on,

the market open as usual,

a slight delay before Blackheath village,

but I was soon passing the churchyard at St. Margarets,

the florists not yet open, I had arrived in plenty of time,

and there it was the 09.31 that goes to Gravesend, meaning I do not have to stop and change trains at Dartford, an event that according to the station master at Dartford last week never happens!

commuters waiting for the train to London,

magically gone as the train pulls out of the station,

I arrived in Gravesend in the middle of all things a hailstorm, the bus shelters did not really help, the wind was so strong,

off of the bus, the weather had changed 180 degrees, strong sun in a nearly cloudless sky,

having said that it was still chilly,

into the home where Duncan is staying, he was in fine sprits, Steve had found some photographs of times we all spent together before Duncan was married, great fun chatting about old times, which we both remembered, when Duncan's lunch arrived we said our farewells, 

 I made a move for the bus stop, looking back to the home,

I had a 25 minute wait for the half hourly service to Gravesend, the bus service just missed the one pulling out of the station as I arrived at the bus hub, again luckily not having to change trains at Dartford,

in Blackheath at the florists next to the station only one display of flowers outside,

then a bit of drama, two fire engines on blues and twos stopped just over the bridge,

the view from the bus stop,

behind the café,

a touch of white smoke could be seen, and then my bus,

an the rain appeared,

the Taco Bell driver dressed for the downpour,

I made my way into a very wet and windy park, what a change from this morning! arriving home Diana had beaten me back from her work, so a coffee and a chat, in the evening a couple of quiz shows, a Outback Opal Hunters and for a change a Deadliest Catch, before a Lewis, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: