Tuesday 25 April 2023

Oh Dear!

first thing off to work,


so only one post today, during the morning before Diana left for work, Colin called around as arranged, so upstairs and out of the man attic to look at the roof, and then outside for a building inspection, he will be supervising all of the work on the house, putting all over scaffolding in place, painting, repointing the chimneys, replacing tiles etc. after Diana left I printed a set of instructions for the newly installed fire alarm, and another describing what would happen when a next door neighbour and myself conducts the periodic practise testing the alarm, and then dropped them off to the other 7 flats, after which a couple of quiz shows and my evening meal, followed by a Outback Opel Hunters, and a Deadliest Catch, 

then a blast from the past, Blazing Saddles, more fun to watch if you are with a lot of friends, but it still brought a smile or two watching it again, it seems strange to think that when I first watched it in a cinema I was 25 or so years old, crikey 48 years ago! and there are still so many moments in the film for myself, leaving the camp fire meal alone, which speaks for itself to one side, that made me chuckle, such as when towards the end of the film Hedley Lamaar opens a bathroom door, and looks around at total chaos, and then mouths the silent words, "What the *%$^!", priceless, after which Diana returned home, so a coffee and a chat, as Diana had a 04.00 AM start tomorrow she was off to bed, for myself a New Tricks before I too was off to bed.

 

No comments: