Sunday 9 April 2023

Diana Had Already Left For Work,

as I made my way to the shop,


after my usual start to the day, which as it happens was quite nice,

into Kingfisheries as the shop opened, I had printed price labels for the outdoor fish and plants section, new fish and plants had arrived for the garden pond season, onto the number 54 bus for the ride home,

I was then soon walking past Foxgrove Lodge on my way through the park,

in a few weeks the wisteria that cover it will be in flower, and when it is in flower, what a picture it looks, 

arriving home I decide on Mutiny on the Bounty, the 1935 black & white version starring  Charles Laughton and Clark Gable, as it happens the film is loosely based on a true story of a mutiny that took place in 1789 on an English ship,

in the late afternoon Diana called, she had so much shopping that it was too heavy for her to carry from the bus stop, so I was out to the stop to help her home,

in the evening a read and a sherry, 

Diana made herself an Italian dish,

then a real treat for myself, a homemade Shepherd's pie and peas, 

which was delicious,

after a long break,

a creme burlee, with fresh fruit, we chatted away, both of us still sad to hear of the passing of Mr. Tony as he was affectionately known, we have now learned that his children will by now be in Thailand for his funeral there, on a happier note we listened to music, not ours, a next door neighbour was celebrating a 80th. birthday, thankfully at 9.00 in the evening it all went quite, so for us a episode of A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


No comments: