Tuesday 4 April 2023

I Had A Busy Day,

first thing out to the shop,


the sky was a tad cloudy, before going to the shop I called into the shoe repair shop at Beckenham Junction, I needed to have some steel heels replaced, 

the owner very kindly said they could be repaired today if I had some shopping to, so I was off,

past the green, 

and to Kingfisheries, where I dropped off some printing, 

next a walk to the cinema,

well to the bank actually to pay a couple of cheques in, after the 14th of this month paying in cheques will mean a bus ride to Bromley, as this branch of Barclays is closing, as indeed is Lloyds, all of the banks in Beckenham will then be gone, except Santander, 

next stop Marks & Spencer's for some fresh fruit to snack on if I feel hungry during the day, apples and plums and I was on my way to pick up my shoes at the nearby shoe repair shop, £18.50 later and I was on my way home,

into the park,

past the magnolia tree in this homes front garden, if only the blossom lasted for a few months!

back home, Diana had still not left for work, today she was on late shift, a quick look at my repaired heels, what a great job, it is unfortunate I wear out normal heels in no time at all, with these metal outers it gives my shoes a few new lives,

after Diana left for work and my evening meal it was feet up for Adormidera, it has to be said a lot of money went into the production, but the fight scenes were so unconvincing, but there it is the film passed away the early evening, I followed that with a Lewis, and then a real treat,

photograph BBC Sword, Musket & Machine Gun: Britain's Armed History, and what a treat! this was part 3, mainly concerned with the weapon to end all wars, the machine gun, during which Diana arrived home so we watched the end of that before A Touch of Frost after which we were off to bed.


No comments: