Friday 14 April 2023

It Was A Nice, Bright Sunny Day,

Diana was at work as she was on early shift,


and I had a cunning plan,

whilst at Kew I noticed some bluebells out,

so I thought I would take a walk in the park, to see what the state of play was regarding the bluebell patch at Crab Hill in the park, on the way,

I noticed some more mushrooms, or I should I say fungus?

and then opposite,

the first stand of bluebells on the verge opposite,

it has been raining, so Westgate Road looked like a scene from the Somme,

and to say the pathway was muddy was an understatement, it was far worse than it looks!

the aroma of hawthorn filled the air,

it seemed to be a bumper crop of flowers,

and there was so much of it,

over the top of the hill and down a tad, to the bluebell walk on the left,

and there they were,

a few stands nearby, in the distance,

a lot more,

but it has to be said,

nothing like the numbers,

of previous years,

it was the start of them flowering,

but looking at the flower stems waiting to open,

it will not be a great year for them,

I started to make my way to the second area,

up the hill and on the right,

and there they were,

all of the bluebells here are the British ones,

the flower stalks having not so many flowers, 

and have a much deeper colour than the imported ones, there is a good article here to explain the differences between them, 

I started back up the hill,

past the hawthorn, that looked so bright in the sunlight,

down the hill,

the trees now starting to put on their summer foliage,

down the road,

and up again to home, Diana was soon in so a coffee and a chat, as we watched a couple of quiz shows, after our evening meal and the usual Outback Opel Hunters it was time for a film,

For Your Eyes Only, great fun, we rounded off the evening with A Touch of Frost before we were off to bed.


No comments: