Saturday 25 December 2021

MERRY CHRISTMAS To Everybody!

and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mum,


but first for myself it was out and into town,

the dustbin men staring early,

there were a few last minute buys to make in Waitrose, I knew it would be busy so I arrived as they opened, and it was busy!

arriving home Mum had sent a couple of photographs of the flowers we had sent,

they were a total surprises, Happy Birthday!

time for Diana's last advent coffee,

and in the box?

a Nespresso porcelain mug,

I may have mentioned that my laptop I use for the blog has been playing up over the last few months, yesterday I received this message, the screen then went black, 3 hours later it still had not switched on, so I pulled the plug on it, plugging it back in and pressing the on button it thankfully then started, so far so good, what is it with me and electrics?

in the evening my sherry and a read, Diana was at work,

I decided against a starter, so lambs liver and bacon with mash it was then,

eyes down and tuck in,

for dessert grapes, apples and pineapple,

next stop the club to meet up with Steve,

also there was Rob, I was going to post one photograph,

but there was a bit of a debate as to which was the best,

but the general consensus was that it was this one, I should explain that Rob looks after us so well when we are in the club, and now a bit of embarrassment, for myself, Rob has asked that I give a personal message from him to Diana, and that I should publish it, the message is that "Stan is the man, a real good one!" I am going red typing this, but a promise was made, after saying our farewells and with Christmas wishes, we made a move, Steve kindly dropped me off before going home, I am only going to be making one post a day over the next few days, as I am guessing that like us everybody will be busy, so with that, Happy Birthday to Mum, and a Merry Christmas to all.


2 comments:

MikeC said...

It sounds like you have the same problem I had a couple of weeks ago. Mine was doing the same and it turned out that my computer was full of dust and everything was overheating. I seriously recommend that you have your computer professionally cleaned to remove all dust from inside and ensure that the thermal paste which transfers the heat from the CPU is replaced. It will only take a professional about one day to do and you will notice a remarkable difference in performance. Also if you don't already have one I suggest you get a support with fans built into it that will give you extra circulation when you are using it. Feel free to ask me any more advice but I think you will find that if you follow what I've suggested your computer will be back up to good running speed and you will no longer have that problem.

PattayaStan said...

Dear MikeC, many thanks for your advice, I thought it was just that the laptop was getting old, it is the one we bought in Thailand about 8 or 10 years ago, a Acer, in the good news front after its latest hissy fit it seems back to its normal self, very slow but still working, in truth in the near future I am guessing we will replace it, it does still have the nasty habit of getting a black screen and then starts itself up again, which is a pain as it takes some time, but there it is, again many thanks, Stan and Diana.