Thursday 30 December 2021

Diana Was At Work,

I had a quiet day,


just watering the plants and watching a few documentaries, in the evening it was time for my read and a sherry, as I mentioned before, 

I have to say I am really enjoying reading a modern reprint of the Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks: During Captain Cook's First Voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. / edited by Sir Joseph D. Hooker. I should mention that Otahite is now known as Tahiti,

I love the chapter headings,

but is is taking a little longer to read than a 'normal' book, as there are always a couple of Latin names of creatures that I do not know,

just a couple of examples, 

also Banks alludes to all manner of practises, such as Floridian Indians being cannibals, I never knew,

for my evening meal a cheese and tomato sandwich, I decided to not have a big meal after the Christmas celebrations, as I was eating I was listening to the The Buena Vista Social Club, it is sometimes a term used to describe Cuban music from the 1920s to the 1940s, it was in fact a members club in Havana, Cuba, which closed in the 1940s, 

the CD we have is the one titled Buena Vista Social Club At Carnegie Hall, for more detailed information about the group have a look here,

for dessert nectarines, plums and apricots, shortly after I had finished Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a Midsomer Murder and a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: