Saturday 18 December 2021

Diana Was Not Going To Work,

until the afternoon,


so we started the day with an English breakfast,

delicious!

after Diana left for work, I made my way into town,

it was not cold, just grey,

all we needed was some milk, so I popped into Waitrose, outside some of their Christmas display,

it seems strange looking at Christmas decorations, that this coming Tuesday, the 21st. is the shortest day of the year, or the longest night of the year. if you will, the December solstice happens at the same instant for everyone, everywhere on Earth – and this year the winter solstice occurs on Tuesday, December 21, at 3:58pm GMT in the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice happens every year when the sun reaches its most southerly declination of -23.4 degrees. In other words, it is when the North Pole is tilted farthest away from the sun, delivering the fewest hours of sunlight of the year, so from next Wednesday we can start to look forward to lighter mornings and evenings,

on the way back from Waitrose I called into the club,

I had forgotten a letter at our accountants, so Robert very kindly called by the club to save me going back to his office in Hayes again,

naturally I joined him in a pint or three! on the way back home I could not help but think, again, how poorly the colour of the new lower roof matched the colour of the original top half of the old pavilion, but there it is,

no one in the tennis courts today,

it was soon time for a sherry and a read,

I decided against a starter, and just settled for a chicken pie,

eyes down and tuck in, for dessert some grapes,

then back to the club to meet up with Steve, for a couple of pints, Steve very kindly dropped me off at home,

shortly afterwards Diana arrived home in a Uber taxi, we had been a bit lax in our advent calendar chocolates,

so tonight as we watched a episode of New Tricks it was time to catch up, yummy! after New Tricks had finished we were off to bed.


No comments: