Thursday 23 December 2021

Diana Had Already Left For Work,

as I made my way in to a very cold park,


this is only the third time this winter,

that there has been frost on some of the homes in the park,

as well as the grass,

I had to join the queue to pick up a couple of items from Marks & Spencer's that we had ordered for Christmas, almost opposite the church,

and next door to a café with this display outside of it, as it happens the queue inside the store was small in no time I was out and on my way home,

as I was taking a photograph of the tree and frost on the grass, the pigeon that was on the chimney,

was unceremoniously displaced by a crow,

arriving home I put our Boxing Day treats,

in to the refrigerator,

Steve telephoned to say he was calling down to the shop for some RO water and did I need any? as it happens I did, so a trip to Kingfisheries it was then, we stopped off at Steve and Kai's house so I could look at his breeding angel fish, both pairs had a new brood of fry, hopefully this time some will survive and grow, after dropping me back home it was time for my evening meal,

first a read and a sherry,

followed by a slice of gala pie,

and a lamb casserole,

rounding off my meal with a couple of mince pies, after which Diana returned home,

you may remember in October 2020 we went to the Landmark Hotel for a afternoon cream tea, where amongst others I took this photograph, Diana was wearing a dress from River Island, which she posted on her Facebook page, well River Island contacted her to ask if they could use it, and this is the page they used it on, following on from that Diana receives small samples of all manner of items one, two or even three a week, normally cosmetics or perfume, but this week some chocolate,

not a flavour that springs to mind,

but as it happens it really rather nice, we nibbled away at it as we watched an Endeavor and a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: