Thursday 9 December 2021

Great News,

Mickey is back!


but I am getting ahead of myself,

Kai and Diana are having a day out, if you have time look at the videos near the end of this post, they are so funny!

for myself I left before they did to pick up Mickey, 

I passed a squirrel in the park,

it was as it happens a nice day, we keep being told to expect snow, but none so far,

the garland around the door of The Pearl looking as nice as ever,

I walked past the tree,

and the skating rink on the green,

I was making my way to the 227 bus stop next to the church,

changing at Bromley for the 126,

of all of the places to park! the whole road was empty but the driver just had to park on a bus stop! I walked to Neil's workshop,

this is Mickey as I found him in Covent Garden Market,

and this is Neil, making Mickey not as good as new, but better than new, for instance the carbon speaker in the original telephone was good for its time, but now metal ones have become available and are much better, so Mickey really is better than when he was new, also the handset cable and connecting cables amongst other bits and pieces were renewed, not forgetting the telephone was converted to the new system that BT will be bringing in next year, and it all works perfectly, many thanks to Neil, as an aside if you are in the market for a vintage telephone, Neil is the man to go to, also of course for vintage telephone repairs, his website is a treasure trove of vintage telephones, just click this link, you can email him at neilcarpenter@btinternet.com or telephone him on 07980 354508, for more about Neil and his antique telephones have a look here,

back on the 126 to Bromley,

and a walk towards the market square,

no stalls in this section today,

and only fruit and vegetable ones in the High Street, except,

the chestnut man, as it happens we still had some left from my last visit here,

I ducked into The Glades to buy my evening meal,

with all of its Christmas decorations,

by shear happenstance the 354 bus stopped at the club,

so I had to go inside,

the bar,

and Patrick who was on duty today, he is in fact the professional squash coach, but was helping out in the bar today,

a couple of pints later and I was on my way home,

and here is Mickey,

in his new home,

in the evening time for a read and a sherry,

a few Indian starters and for a change, a Cobra beer,

'Cheers!',

eyes down and tuck in, 

to a chicken dhansak, a King prawn bhuna, Bombay aloo and pilau rice,

I was so full I just had a few grapes for dessert, now on to the girls day out,

first stop Victoria station,

next Eros,

and a bite to eat,

I am not sure which restaurant they went into,

but it looks like there was plenty of food,

after their meal this was their destination,


time to join the queue,

they were soon inside,

naturally lots of selfies,

they were tempted by the chocolate fountain,

after walking around,

it was time for a drink,

a coffee I think,

'Cheers!',

the girls were busy taking photographs as they went,

the London Eye in the distance,

tickets,

but I am not sure what for,

time for a few more poses,

I should mention the girls went on two rides,

one on the dodgem cars,

and one in the haunted house,

the videos are below, 

first the dodgems,

whilst watching this video remember one of the girls has a full UK driving licence! screams provide by Diana,

into the haunted house for this one,

a last pose from Kai and it was time to leave,

arriving home Diana just had to try Mickey,

so I telephoned from the bedroom, and of course Mickey performed faultlessly, 

unfortunately Diana spotted her Christmas present from me,

a Michael Kors backpack, Christmas has come early for Diana! we settled down and ate our advent chocolates as we watched a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: