Friday 24 December 2021

Diana Was Already At Work,

as I made my way through the park,


Diana mentioned that our carving knife was not at its best,

so off to Bromley to buy a knife sharpener, it was nice to see the skating rink busy, even though it was early morning,

going through the green,

I made my way past the rear of the church, to the 227 bus stop, then almost a problem, the bus was nearly full with shoppers going to Bromley, I was lucky, but a few disgruntled passengers were left at the stop,

into Barclays, I had a few things to do in there,

then I was on my way to buy the knife sharpener,

past the stalls,

and the first of two Christmas trees,

there is a balloon seller in there somewhere!

lots of fruit and vegetable stalls,

I had to have a look at the stall selling rocks, crystals and fossils,

a very jovial Santa Claus, 

at the top of the display,

as you might expect, lots of food stalls,

and a really nice Christmas tree, I have to say the one on Beckenham Green is the same every year and is really quite a disappointment when looking at one like this,

this is where I was headed, Robert Dyas,


back past the Christmas display on the market square,

and into Sainsburys, to pick up a few last minute purchases,

my last stop, the 227 bus stop, with one of the 12 Bromley snowmen looking on,

arriving in Beckenham the lights in the churchyard already on,

and a really good crowd at the skating rink, great fun, until, if you are like myself and you fall over! after a couple of quiz shows Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a Endeavor, followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: