Thursday 2 December 2021

The First Day Of Christmas,

Diana started it with her advent coffee,


the countdown to Christmas has truly begun,

for the first of the month a Ispirazione Venezia,

Diana left for work, meanwhile I was posting the blog, in the afternoon it was a trip to town for myself, the trees in the park losing many of their leaves, 

it must be the start of Christmas, Rudolph appeared,

in the Foxgrove Lodge garden,

as did the Christmas tree at the front of the building,

I has some dry cleaning to drop off, so past the green, to Domino Dry Cleaners, next I popped into Marks & Spencers to buy my evening meal, 

good fortune favours the shoe repair shop on the corner, as I approached it a huge rainbow appeared over it, and as it happens I had to call in, I left a pair of shoes their to have metals put on the heels,

in the evening it was time for a sherry and a read, 

I am so enjoying a modern reprint of the Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks: During Captain Cook's First Voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. / edited by Sir Joseph D. Hooker. I should mention that Otahite is now known as Tahiti, what I enjoy so much about this book is that instead of saying for instance, 'we caught a bluebird', the journal gives the Latin name, 

so you know exactly what creature is being discussed as above,

here are a couple more examples,

which means that every so often if I do not know the creature, I can easily look it up in the Internet,

tonight I had a starter of breaded tiger prawns,

followed by slow cooked BBQ beef brisket, eyes down and tuck in,

and a healthy dessert of mango, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries,

when Diana arrived home it was time for the chocolate countdown to begin, a Lindt Lindor for Diana,

a Lindt Teddy for myself, we then settled down for tonight's New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: