Thursday 16 December 2021

I Had Another Letter To Post,

so out into the park,


plenty of leaves on the pathway,

but not for long,

letter posted in the snail mail box,

and I was on my way home, it was Diana's day off so she had made an appointment at a hairdressing saloon and had arrange to meet Kai for some shopping and a bite to eat, arriving home I had some bad news, our friend Duncan was to have been moved to a different hospital, but he was unresponsive, after tests it was confirmed that he had caught covid in hospital, I am sure we wish him all the best, I have telephoned the hospital with no problems, but when the switchboard put me through to the ward there was no reply, I guess they must be very busy, but I will try again today for a update, 

on a happier note,

Diana had arrived at the saloon,

and here she is with her new haircut,

next time to meet up with Kai,

and tuck in at Wagamama,

to lots of food!

I am not sure what the girls ordered,

but there seemed to be,

lots of it!

meal finished and shopping over,

it was time for a few poses, after saying their farewells Diana arrived home,

where it was time for my sherry and read, 

I am really enjoying reading a modern reprint of the Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks: During Captain Cook's First Voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. / edited by Sir Joseph D. Hooker. I should mention that Otahite is now known as Tahiti,

there are a few reasons I like this style of book so much, firstly at the start of each chapter there is a review of the chapters contents,

so it is easy to find something if you want to read a part again,

secondly Latin names are used throughout, so there is no confusion as to what is being talked about,

it may seem peaches and cream, swanning about in the tropics, but the diet could have been a little better!

we decided against a starter,

I was just about to tuck in,

when it was selfie time!

Diana had bought a huge piece of salmon, with baby potatoes and asparagus, delicious!

for dessert we had sherry trifle,

peek-a-boo!

Diana is so happy with her haircut, we settled down for a evening of Lewis and a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: