Saturday 4 December 2021

I Am Only Making One Post Today,

as I am out early to go to a stamp fair,


a good start to the day for Diana, one from her coffee advent calendar,

we had some good news from the Philippines,

the windows and doors,

were being fitted,

there is still some painting to do, 

but the hope is that in 2 weeks or so the house will be finished,

and moving in can start,

as you can imagine everyone is looking forward to the move,

as it happens Donna has been out with Mum buying new furniture,

what a Christmas this will be in the new home,

I joined Diana on her walk to the bus stop,

the trees now bare of leaves, I left Diana waiting for her bus to go to work, I walked into town,

first stop, pick up my now repaired shoes,

the stall that normally sells flowers now selling Christmas trees,

on the green the first signs of the Christmas fair,

a couple of workmen getting the tree ready,

the chair I normally sit whilst typing the blog really needs reupholstering, so I called into Beckenham Upholstery Ltd. and had a chat with the owner, I will send him some photogrhs of it over the weekend to get a quote,

outside and looking back to the green,

into M & S to buy a few bits and pieces for my evening meal,

I popped in to wish Paul who owns the jewellers a Merry Christmas, but he was not at work today, we have known each other since the late 1960s,

in to the post office to post the Christmas cards, 

what a queue! I made a note of the time, I arrived at 2.25, and left at 2.55,

cross the road by The George,

I was heading for Lidl,

a bit difficult to see, a nice display of elves,

and a Christmas tree in the florists,

shopping in Lidl completed I walked back home past the green,

in the afternoon I decided to have a look at our cats, regrettably we had to leave them in Thailand as where we now live pets are not allowed, also I did not want to put them in quarantine for 6 months when they arrive in the UK, here are a few videos of them,

the good news was that the breeder we bought them from found them good homes and sent some photographs of them in their new home,

other than friends in Thailand, it is the cats that we miss most about Thailand,

and if you like the cats palying witn a red laser have a look here ,for some reason I could not copy the video,

and here they are Mariana, Cable and Hogue, all looking at the birds outside,

I just love this photograph of Hogue, giving me the evils after Diana had given the cats a shower,

time for my evening read and sherry,

for my starter the rest of the tiger prawns,

main course toad in the hole,

I rounded off the meal with a fresh fruit salad,

next stop the club,

where I meet up with Steve, we chatted the night away, he kindly dropped me off at home, no sooner had I sat down when it was time to meet Diana, arriving home,

 it was feet up for Donnie Brasco, which was very enjoyable, especially as it was based on true events, with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: