Saturday 22 January 2022

Diana Was On Late Shift Today,

so we had breakfast together,


a fried egg sandwich for myself,

egg, chicken and rice for Diana,

then we were off, I left Diana at the bus stop as my bus arrived first,

I was soon speeding past the green,

and then walking past the art deco cinema, to the bank, again, 

on the way back I just had to call into the club,

a couple later and I was walking towards the old pavilion,

now it is used in the daytime as a children's nursery,

next home to watch a few documentaries,

until my evening sherry and read,

tonight I started a small booklet, Snakes with Wings & Gold-digging Ants by Herodotus,

it is one of a number of booklets I have bought from the series,

and so far it is a very enjoyable read indeed, as he describes his visit to Egypt, and its peoples and their customs,

you may have noticed the blue candles have arrived, it was so nice at Christmas with the candles on the table, I decided to buy some for the Kirk & Sweeny bottle,

no starter or dessert tonight, just chilli-con-carne,

I was meeting Steve for drink, but tonight not in the club, so out of the park,

and past the church to the 227 bus stop to Penge,

and into The Moon & Stars,

we chatted the night away, then to the 227 bus stop and home,

but first past the church graveyard,

and green,

before going into the park,

arriving home I switched on the laptop that I use to write the blog, and now also watch television on, only to receive this message, I have no idea what it means, so I pulled the plug and restarted it, thankfully all then went well, Diana arrived home about 10 minutes later, so it was feet up for a coffee, chat and a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: