Sunday 23 January 2022

After The Usual Househusband Thing,

I popped upstairs,


and copied a few more CDs on to my telephone, the one above and below,

recorded by the Dave Matthews Band,

the cover on this one says it all,

in the evening a read and sherry,

I am really enjoying Snakes with Wings & Gold-digging Ants by Herodotus, he moves on from the Egyptians and discuses the Helen of Troy story, if you have watched the movie Troy, the story and the actions of King Priam, and his sons Hector and Paris are nothing like the film! Herodoyus then moves on to give descriptions of Persia, Syria and Libya, what a gem of a find this book truly was, 

I hope the others I have in the series are as good,

time to tuck in, I thought I had bought a chicken and a beef diner for Wednesday and this evening, but somehow I picked up two beef diners, so beef it was then, 'Cheers!',

time to finish the sherry trifle,

Diana arrived home just as I finished, I did not wait for her as sometimes Diana is asked to stay for another hour or two after her shift finishes, and tonight a real treat and a surprise,

Diana had bought some lychees,

memories of Thailand came flooding back as we tucked into them, we watched a Midsomer Murder followed by a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: