Saturday 1 January 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

to everyone,


but before that I was out,

out of the park, now no leaves on the trees that shed them,

Rudolph will be leaving soon,

first stop the dry cleaners, I had a zip that needed to be replaced and a couple more things to be dry cleaned,

going out side I spotted this beauty,

next stop into Boots the chemist for my bi-monthly medication,

a walk to the 227 bus stop,

and into Bromley, past one of the trees,

to Lakeland to exchange our CO2 cylinder for a filled one,

into The Glades,

the choo-choo train now illuminated,

I dropped off our used pods at Nespresso and bought a couple of descaling packs, the good news was that we received a 20% discount and a £5.00 credit due to buying a few packs of pods over the year,

outside the fun fair was in full swing,

we wanted some flowers for the table,

so I made my way towards Lidl,

past the fair,

and food stalls, in and out of Lidl with flowers and a few other bits and pieces,

I called into the club for a couple on the way home,

looking back to the club,

the pitch fenced off to give the grass a head start,

I made my way towards the pavilion,

before arriving home for my evening read and a sherry,

I had a selection of Italian and Spanish cold cuts with gherkins and silver skin onions, some cheese with Scottish rough cakes and peppered flat breads, after Diana arrive home we watched a fascinating program about Killer Hornets, it was soon time for Jools Holland with his Annual Hootenanny, to see the New Year in, (I should of course say it is prerecorded),

image: BBC/Michael Leckie, joining Jools and his orchestra in the studio this year were Ed Sheeran, Gregory Porter, Lulu, Joy Crookes, Rag’n’Bone Man, Yola, Vic Reeves, Ruby Turner and the Pipes and Drums of the 1st Battalion Scots Guards, archive performances came from the likes of Craig David, Madness and Soul II Soul, with the BBC promising a "musical medley of legends and newies, pop bangers and treasured classics, to guide and entertain us through the last moments of 2021 and into 2022." we saw the New Year in, at about 02.30 we decided that it was time we were off to bed.


2 comments:

ALFRED STIMOLI said...

Hi Stan, hope you and Diana are well mate? Wishing you both a Happy New Year.

Cheers, Alf.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Alf, it is so nice to hear from you, were both well and hope you are the same, we still post daily so if you want to see what we are up to just have a daily look! best regards, Stan and Diana.