Saturday 19 June 2021

I Am Just Making A Couple Of Posts Today,

of Thursday's trip to see Duncan and Friday,


which started out with a English breakfast, Diana was closing tonight so she had a late start to work,

so it was 'Cheers!', with a mug of tea, after Diana left for work it was time for me to do the weekly shopping, normally I fire on all cylinders, but today I must have hit the 'forget' button, as I walked to town my neck was cold, after this mornings shower I had forgotten to put on my cravat, reaching in my coat pocket I also found that I had forgotten my camera! still on entering Sainsburys the good news was that I remembered my mask, but it was just a pity I had forgotten to pick up a pound coin, so I could use a trolley, as luck would have it one of the assistants unlocked a trolley for me, but crickey forgetting three things in one morning, that is not like me at all,

in the evening I remembered it was time for a read and a sherry, so memory seems to be back on the ball,

for tonight rolls of smoked salmon with half a pot of prawn cocktail,

for my main course a huge cottage pie, I was so full I could not even manage a few grapes as a dessert,

after my meal I was going to meet Steve at the club, by now the grey misty rain had stopped,

I walked towards Foxgrove Lodge, everything just seemed to be so grey, and it was supposed to be summer!

at the lodge the roses over the entrance,

past their best,

arriving at the club there was no game tonight, however inside was packed, England was playing football against Scotland, I will not mention the score, just in case you have not watched the match, we chatted the night away, Steve kindly dropped me off home, where it was feet up for a New Tricks, then down to the bus stop to pick Diana up, arriving home it was feet up for a coffee and a chat, as I have now caught up I will start to post as normal tomorrow, with odd things that we find interesting, amusing or just plain weird, next for us, we were off to bed.


No comments: