Tuesday 15 June 2021

We Were Expecting A Letter To Arrive,

but instead received a SMS, 


to say we owed postage on it, which I thought a bit strange, so off to the sorting office in Bromley, there was an option to pay but I was reluctant to give payment details, the message just did not seem correct somehow, I knew it was going to be a nice day,

from the number of cars parked in the road,

although there was surprisingly little foot traffic,

the peonies still putting on a good show in the garden of Foxgrove Lodge,

and there was my bus to Bromley North railway station,

next to which the postal sorting office was situated, I was correct not to pay, the gentleman behind the counter said the SMS was actually scam, and that the post office would never send a SMS to anyone, as we chatted he mentioned a couple of things that would be happening in the future, firstly normal postage stamps will be coded, so that letters can be individually traced, also that the UK will be going down to just 3 deliveries a week, note to self, remember to post early for Christmas!

whilst at Bromley North I decided to pop into see Peter Morris, I had bought a few coins from him in the past, but alas he was closed,

so on to the bus back to Beckenham,

I called into the railway station to check the times of the trains for our trip tomorrow to Whitstable,

then the walk back home,

for a very late breakfast of smoked haddock warmed in milk, I spent the afternoon listening to more of the delightful Just A Minuet in the garden until Diana telephoned me to say she was upstairs, after our evening meal it was feet up for a extended Lewis, which we followed with a New Tricks, and one from Jade Fever before we were off to bed.


No comments: