Tuesday 15 June 2021

You Know It Was Not Going To Be A Full Size Jeep,

the clue is in the title, Mini Jeep,


but it does appear to be remarkably good value for money, it can fit a couple of adults shoulder to shoulder, it is more closely comparable to a golf cart in size and power, yet reaches a decent speed of 25 mph (40 km/h), image credit, Alibaba via Electrek, Micah Toll of Electrek takes up the story, Electrek reader Kyle Day set out to order his own electric Jeep, ‘He originally told me several months ago that he planned to buy one and have it sent to the US. I offered him my customs broker’s contact info (I have a problem and it’s called “buying too much weird stuff from overseas”) and I asked him to keep me updated about how the process went, you can check the full interview with Kyle Day here to learn more, bearing in mind in the US golf carts, which cost around $7,000 here in the US. Amazingly, this mini-Jeep is quite affordably priced at a mere $1,280, based on conversations earlier this year with the Chinese factory, the final price shipped to a US port seemed to put it closer to $1,700', 

which for what it is I think it is pretty fair, a small but important point, if the average person who doesn’t keep a welder in their garage, and does not know how to use it if they did, might run into some serious problems, which is something to consider when purchasing a product that needs a serious amount of assembly, but what fun when finished, I wonder if you could register it for the road? What a neat little thing for a quick trip to the shops!


No comments: