Wednesday 2 June 2021

I Had A Few Things To Do Today,

as well as the househusband thing, 


hovering and all of the other household chores over as well as giving the aquarium a 25% water change and I was off,

through the park,

passing the rhododendron in the garden of Foxgrove Lodge,

that was putting on a really good show,

I made my way to the bank, as normal a queue, I do not like or trust online banking, so many of our friends over the years have had their online banking compromised, I am told that this can no longer happen, but I still have my doubts, looking on the positive side at least having to do banking in person gets me out of the house,

the cinema, still waiting for the crowds,

I made my way past the war memorial and joined the queue, banking over a walk to Tesco to buy a few bits and pieces for our picnic in the park tomorrow and my evening meal for Wednesday,

also I walked to Kingfisheries, in Croydon Road,

I was interested to see how the plumbing of the new marine aquarium was coming one,

quite well as it happens, the sump and filter all plumbed in, another few days and it should be filled,

arriving back in the park,

the chestnuts were still putting out even more flowers,

the postman dong his rounds as usual,

after my evening meal and a a few quiz shows I decided to watch The General's Daughter, which we had watched before, this is what I wrote then, 'what can I say? for me a brilliant film, the naked corpse of Captain Elisabeth Campbell, daughter of Lieutenant General "Fighting Joe" Campbell, is found staked out on the urban warfare range of Fort MacCallum, army CID detectives and ex-lovers Paul Brenner and Sara Sunhill are called in to investigate, a believable story line with captivating music',

regarding the music that went with the film that I liked so much, I have the original music that some of the soundtrack had been taken from on a CD I have from the Library of Congress, called A Treasury of Field Recordings, the two main tracks used are Rock Island Line by Kelly Pace for the original click here, and Sea Lion Woman by the Shipp sisters, for the original click here, from the movie here, shortly after the film finished Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a coffee, one from New Tricks and we were then off to bed.


No comments: