Tuesday 8 June 2021

What Are The Odds,

of a 68 year-old retired attorney from Chicago taking up mountaineering as a hobby,



and then seven years later conquering Mount Everest? pretty small I would say, but it has been done, photograph Christopher Burns/UnsplashArthur Muir, a married father of three and grandfather of six, after starting out on this amazing journey at age 68, in 2019 Arthur Muir set out to conquer Everest, but his attempt ended in failure after he injured his ankle after falling down from a ladder during his climb. Last year, Everest was closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but this year, the pensioner made another attempt and got his name into the history books, “So it’s been this very deliberate progression where I’ve taken on bigger and bigger mountains and finally got to Mount Everest and tried to see what the mountain would give me at my age,” 

Muir told TODAY.com. “Nobody was really sure. By the time I got to the top I was so focused on getting there that I didn’t really absorb what was happening until I got all the way back down to our last camp, Camp Four.” the question is for Arthur what next? dare I say it, a walk on the moon! what a great achievement, it just goes to show you are never too old, such a big well done!


No comments: