Thursday 28 July 2022

As Soon As I Finished Posting The Blog,

I was out to visit Duncan,



it had not rained for weeks, the car was covered in dust, so a quick carwash and I was on my way, 2 miles later I was stuck in traffic, I used the car as there was a rail strike, I thought everyone would work from home, big mistake, everyone decided to take a day off then go for a drive! I hit major roadworks on the way to the A20/M20 and again just outside of the nursing home,

I arrived slightly later than I would have done if I had taken a bus, a train, a second train and another bus plus a walk!

 I signed in as you must do when visiting, and meet Duncan who was still in his room, we chatted away, reminiscing about our first holiday in Thailand way back in 1983, in Pattaya Second Road was still dirt and there was no such thing as Third Road!

back to the car and home, naturally as I had the car washed on the motorway the heavens open on the way back,

I took a few photographs before Diana arrived home, in the living room,

this one was putting on a good show,

as were,

the two succulents,

last week this orchid had just one flower open, today lots of them,

last week I mentioned it is not such an attractive flower,

but it makes up for that in numbers, the flower spike still a long way from being fully open,

in the kitchen,

this one looking nice,

Diana arrived home from work, so a read and a sherry, 'Cheers!',

Diana brought some fresh flowers,

this one looking like a red thistle,

and nice it looks too,

for tonight a tomato and onion salad over poppadums,

delicious!

Diana had a chicken curry with a meat and cheese kebab,

for myself sans kebab,

'Cheers!'

for dessert a chocolate mousse, after which it was a Lewis, and a New Tricks before were were off to bed.


No comments: