Thursday 14 July 2022

Oh Dear, Another Day Of Just One Post,

today Thursday, it is Diana's day off,


we will be out first thing, but first today's post is a tad late, I ran out of time in the morning and we had bought tickets that had a set time on them, back to Wednesday, I was out to visit Duncan,

another hot day,

as the bus passed Foxgrove Lodge,

then disaster, road works,

and just my luck the bus did not make the second change of lights, I have a nasty feeling I will miss the 09.33 from Blackheath,

I had a look at some of the bee gardens,

on the tops of some of the bus shelters, I hope the bees appreciate them!

a deserted Peter Pan's Park,

I was soon passing the gayly painted public house,

and the never ending refurbishment of this building,

not many people in Lewisham market,

a quick look at the florists,

the ticket office back to normal, closed, and the station entrance locked, so back out to the street to get to the platform, I had of course missed the 09.33 and yes you guessed it,

you know my luck, the next train cancelled, which meant that when I arrived in Dartford I will miss the connecting train, my luck strikes again!

I also missed the bus to the care home,

luckily not too long to wait, 

for the next 481,

whilst waiting,

I noticed some work going on, it all looked a bit complicated,

off of the bus,

and a walk up the hill,

to the nursing home, Duncan was in the day room, we had a chat and as luck would have it Steve called me, so I gave the telephone to Duncan and they chatted away, after saying goodbye I was on my way again,

a bit of cloud but it was still so warm,

into the station,

the hanging baskets looking nice,

I had a quick look at the pond at Dartford station,

and no that is not my bus as I arrived in Blackheath,

the stop opposite the florists,

on the way back home, I noticed this,

in the building that never seems to be finished, a entry phone, perhaps it is being used as a business premises?

no signs of life along the side of the building,

the roadworks still there,

as I passed Foxgrove Lodge, nearly over grown with wisteria,

the big screen on the green now gone,

I walked past the church,

to Marks & Spencer's, a bit of shopping was needed,

somewhere in there is a window! the wisteria was having a second blooming, nowhere near as many flowers but the aroma was really filling the air, it may have been because of the heat,

mainly blue skies as I walked home,

in the evening time for a read and a sherry,

for our starters spring rolls,

for both of us,

'Cheers!',

Diana decided on a salad,

for myself bangers and mash,

eyes down and tuck in!

then a nice surprise Steve called round, for a beer and a chat, after we said our farewells it was feet up for a Lewis and a Silent Witness before we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Stanley and Diana-we both agree you should get the “Shirt of the Day” award for your license plate shirt. Did Diana need sunglasses at dinner? Great 👍 Shirt Stanley!!!
Regards
John and Alley
Regards

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, many thanks for your kind comment, we bought nearly all of my summer shirts in Thailand and that is where the number plate shirt came from, unfortunately we left so much of our clothing behind when we moved, countless dresses of Dianna's and so many of my colorful shirts, but there it is, the shipping costs were so high at the time it was the wise thing to do, the problem over here is that most summer shirts are made of rayon, which is like wearing a plastic bag, the ones I used to have were made of cotton, over here the only cotton ones are in boutique type shops and are way too expensive for what they are, if we ever go to Thailand again I will stock up on them! best regards, Stan and Diana.