Wednesday 27 July 2022

Diana Was Already At Work,

as she was on early shift this week,


as I made my way into town, to say it was cloudy was an understatement,

I should say I am only making one post today, as soon as I finish this I will be off to visit Duncan, walking towards Foxgrove Lodge the clouds were getting dark, it seems strange to say it, but hopefully it will rain, we are going through such a long dry spell,

in the lodge garden,

a solitary dahlia was putting on a good show,

my fist stop, the station,

and joy of joys, one of the two the ticket office booths was open,

the aquariums at the rear of it looking nice, then the problems began, I had a return ticket to visit Duncan tomorrow, but as there is a train strike there will be no trains, so I asked if the ticket could be changed to next week, "No problem at all Sir" came the confidante reply, 30 minutes later I was still at the booth, the second booth had been opened because of the queue of people behind me, it was a classic case of "The computer says no!", I was asked if I could call back in 30 minutes or so, which was not a problem as I had some shopping to do,

past the brown green,

and into Marks and Spencer's, shopping finished back to the station, 

despite telephone calls and messages left, as well as an email marked 'urgent' there was no reply from head office, so I was advised to buy a ticket for next week and fill in a reclaim form, and the money would eventually be put back into my bank account, you would have thought it was so simple, cancel the old ticket and issue a new one, but, you guessed it, why does this sort of thing always happen to me?

I walked back through the park,

whilst at home Diana called to say she was meeting up with Wilma in Bromley for a coffee and a chat, and could I take a couple of steaks out of the freezer, no sooner said than done!

after Diana arriving home it was steak time!

along with string beans, sautéed potatoes and onions,

eyes down and tuck in, 

and nice they were too, after our evening meal it was feet up for a couple of motorway police shows, followed by a Midsomer Murder and a New Tricks, as Diana is on early shift tomorrow we were then off to bed.


No comments: