Thursday 7 July 2022

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was on my way to see Duncan,


I should say I am only making one post today as it is Diana's day off, and we have a day out planned, back to making my way,

towards the bus stop,

it was supposed to be a sunny day with cloud, so I just had a short sleeved shirt and no jacket, I have to say it was a tad chilly,

on to the number 54 bus and past Peter Pan's pool which the Canadian geese seem to have made their home,

the plants on the bee bus shelters seem to be doing well,

but so far I have not seen a single bee taking advantage of the for them, free food,

a change of drivers at the bus garage,

and I was soon hurtling towards the Catford cat,

and passing the never finished building

and the graveyard by St. Margarets church,

off of the bus looking at the bus stop for my return journey later on the other side of the road,

a quick look,

at the florists, and into the station,

and a case of 'I do not believe it' for the first time since I have been making trips to see Duncan, the ticket office here is open!

as I arrived on the platform I looked up, the train due at 09.33.00 the time, 09.33.29, a good job the train was late!

even better as I arrived at Dartford the train to Gravesend was just across the platform and about to leave, 

I arrived at the bus stand in record time,

it was a bit warmer, but I still whished I had brought a jacket,

in no time I was walking towards the nursing home,

at the home Duncan was in fine spirts, we chatted away, in the back ground Boris was doing his best to keep his job in the House of Commons, just before 1.00 I made a move for home, 

at Gravesend the journey went mustang,

 I just missed the half hourly train to Dartford, only to hear the news that the next one was cancelled! worse was to come on the next train as it neared Kidbrooke it ground to a halt, the driver announced the train in front of us had broken down and was waiting to be towed back to the repair depot, 30 minutes later the train started again,

next on to the bus,

and past the never finished building,

and Catford cat,

and another bee feeding station on top of the bus shelter,

lots of plants but no bees,

I was soon passing the Downham entrance to the park,

and the Foxgrove Road entrance,

on the green lots of people watching the tennis on the big screen,

off of the bus,

and past the shops opposite,


I had called into pick up a few things that Graham needed scanned,

back out to the bus stop,

and home,

where it was time for a sherry and a read, it had taken me that long to make the journey home,

for tonight a cheese and tomato sandwich, I read a little and then watched,

  Zulu, which happened to be on, I had seen it before, the battle depicted in Zulu at Rorke's Drift resulted in the largest number of V. C.'s ever been awarded 11, the battle was between Wednesday 22- Thursday 23 January, 1879, when some 150 soldiers defended a supply station against some 4,000 Zulus, John Chard was in commander at Rorke's Drift and was awarded the V.C. but there is some dispute as to the providence of the medal after it was sold, have a look here, during the film Diana arrived home, so it was feet up for a coffee and a chat as we watched a Lewis, a New Tricks, and a Silent Witness before we were off to bed.


No comments: