Thursday 21 July 2022

As Soon As I Had Posted The Blog,

I was out to visit Duncan,


lots of cloud,

and a bit cooler than yesterday,

passing Peter Pan's Pool,

 on the number 54 bus,

one of the bee shelter bus stops,

a not very glamorous view of the Catford cat,

Lewisham market up and running,

unlike the florist next to the station at Blackheath, a bit of a late start for them today,

luckily the train was a tad late,

arriving at Dartford I had some time to take a photograph of a flock of Canadian geese that seem to have made the lake here their new home,

and then the fountain switched on,

I arrived in Gravesend,

with a short wait for the bus,

the clouds starting to clear, it was heating up,

I walked to the top of the road, where Queen Victoria was looking on,

the statue was next to this building, so I guess at some stage this must have a been a civic building,

off of the bus and up the hill,

to the nursing home, after I arrived so did Alan,

whilst we were there we were told that Duncan did not have a fan, the one in his room was borrowed from one of the staff, also he did not have any shirts, shower gel and other toiletries, as Alan had his car we were off to B & Q as well as Lidl, arriving back with a new fan, shirts and toiletries, so that was alright, I wish I had known last week then I could have brought everything down with me, it was quite fortuitous that Alan was here today, we chatted away with Duncan for an hour or so, Alan then kindly dropped me off at the station,

arriving back at Blackheath the florist was open as usual,

I wonder if the corrugated steel will ever be removed form the never ending refurbishment of the building?

I was soon hurtling past the Downham entrance to the park,

and past the Foxgrove Lodge entrance, the lodge almost covered in wisteria, 

looking back into the park, I stayed on the bus as I had some shopping to do,

at the entrance to Sainsbury's one of the shopkeepers has put a nice display of flowers outside of his shop,

past Foxgrove Lodge and into the park on my walk home,

I was a bit late today and hardly had time to sit down before my evening read and sherry, 'Cheers!',

for tonight Southend-on-Sea cockles with dry toast,

delicious!

I followed that with a Chinese chicken curry and rice,

another 'Cheers!', as I finished with cherry's and grapes, I started to watch a Midsomer Murder when Diana arrived home from work, so we finished that and followed it with a New Tricks, rounding the evening off with a Silent Witness, before we were off to bed. 


No comments: