Wednesday 5 July 2023

Another Day Waiting To Speak To People,

with little success,


I should say I am only making one post today, as soon as I post this I will be off to visit Duncan, the railway workers go-slow this week permitting! back to queuing on telephone, I achieved virtually nothing, more promises to call back in the afternoon which they did not, I even emailed BT first thing Tuesday morning, still waiting this morning for a reply! after my evening meal I decided on a black and white film, Things to Come, a thoroughly enjoyable film that I like so much, as it finished I was about to start,

 Erik the Viking when Diana returned home, so we had a trip back to the times of Ragnarok and the Norse myth, the so-called "Twilight of the Gods" (called in German Götterdämmerung), the final destruction of the world in the great conflict between the Æsir (gods) on the one hand, and on the other, the giants and the powers of Hel under the leadership of Loki who escaped from bondage, strangely Loki is portrayed in the film as a double dealing servant of a blacksmith, but the film is great fun with so many subplots like the Christian missionary who can not see things that Eric sees as he is not a believer, after which a Midsomer Murder, courtesy of ITVX before we were off to bed.


No comments: